Kitchen plumbing failure
SERVPRO of Centennial Hills got a water loss call from a customer complaining about their kitchen faucet leaking.
When SERVPRO arrived, we empathized with the customer's concerns and quickly jumped into action. Upon closer assessment, further mold damage was noticed.
Originating from a faulty drainpipe in the kitchen sink, leaking water seemed to soak the subfloor of the second floor of this apartment.
Because of the exceedingly high moisture readings, paired with information that the downstairs garage was just below the sink, SERVPRO gained access to the garage and discovered water infiltration into the downstairs garage ceiling.
After the mold was removed in the affected areas, air movers, scrubbers and dehumidifiers were set up in the upstairs kitchen and in the downstairs garage.
With a desiccant dehumidifier placed in the garage as well as the air movers, this task was completed aggressively because the affected areas were targeted from two areas.